It’s the Month of Love and there’s a whole lot of loving going on! Being in love can make you feel like you’re on top of the world, but it affects a lot more than your mood – loving relationships can improve your health, your looks and even your outlook. Here are 8 ways love makes you happier, healthier and hotter than ever before:
- Makes Lifestyle Change Easier: Your partner has a great influence on the choices you make to lead a better lifestyle. Research shows that couples in love can greatly affect each other’s healthy choices — such as quitting smoking or going to gym.
- Provides Stress Relief: Hugging, cuddling and touching can put you in better spirits and help you relax. There is evidence that when couples hug, they have higher blood levels of oxytocin — the bonding hormone that relieves stress and improves mood.
And it’s not just romantic love that’s keeping you well-balanced. One study shows that a mother’s love can counteract negative health effects and protect young kids from the physiological effects of stress.
- Improves Heart Health: Love doesn’t just make your heart go pitter-patter, it protects it, too. Researchers discovered that married men who felt loved by their wives experienced 50 percent less angina, despite having high risk factors like high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes. Another study found that women in happy marriages have a much lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Boosts Confidence: Being in a happy relationship increases self-esteem, you feel emotionally supported and more capable of achieving your dreams. Your loved one’s confidence in you gives you the wings to fly high.
- Lengthens Life: Research shows that married women are 20 percent less likely than single women die of stress-related causes. As for married men, they’re 100-200 percent times less likely to die of these causes than single men are.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Another reason love is good for your heart? Spending time with your partner lowers your blood pressure. In fact, having great friendships does the same.
- Keeps You Slim: Forget the juice cleanse! Being in love can help you keep that extra weight off. When we’re in loving relationships, our bodies produce adrenaline, which can act as an appetite suppressant — meaning less junk food and late-night snacks. Additionally, it’s likely you’ll be motivated to hit the gym to look and feel your best.
- Helps You Look Younger: You’re not just living longer when you’re in love, you look great too. With increasing blood flow to the skin, being in a happy relationship gives your skin cells nutrients and oxygen to give you a love glow and make you look physically younger.
Keep love alive in your life and you’ll look and feel fabulous. Be sure to enhance the ‘love glow’ of your skin by taking tender care of it. Try our Classic range for the purest, gentlest, skincare and the softest, smoothest skin. Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!
Find Sebamed products at Dis-Chem and leading pharmacies.